I’ve just taken the TravelWise packing cubes for a test run on a weekend getaway, and I am sold, these are really a great aid to packing efficiently. These days more often than not I pack in a soft-sided carry-on and typically find that while it fits nicely in overhead airplane bins, my clothes often get totally jumbled around. The TravelWise packing cubes take care of this problem very nicely – no more wrinkled mess!
I tested the 5 piece packing cube set that includes 1 small, 2 medium and 2 large zippered pouches. Slacks, shorts and sundress went in the two large cubes, shirts and pool wear in the two medium cubes and underwear in the small; toss in the sandals and TSA bag and I’m done. Once you arrive at your destination, just whip out the pouches and toss them in a dresser drawer – they have a convenient grab handle on one side.
Here are some of of the features I liked the most:
- Zippers reach almost all the way around making it easy to access contents
- Nice big zipper tabs – no fumbling to find the zipper
- Convenient grab handle on one side
- MOST IMPORTANT, all the nylon edges are completely encased with seam binding so there is no annoying fraying to jam in the zippers!
- Nice wide web window so you can immediately identify the contents
- Very light weight but very durable
- 5 bags instead of the typical 3 that come in most packing sets
- They all zip neatly into one of the medium bags for storage when not in use
- Could be improved.. I’d love one of the bags to be even bigger!
The TravelWise 5 Piece Packing Cube Set is available on the EatSmart/TravelWise website for $29.95 and is elibible for free shipping. The packing cubes come in red, black, teal, purple or silver.