Great Places To Sip, Savor, and Visit and When Travelling to Chicago
Chicago is one of the most vibrant and artistic cities in the world. There are many great places you’ll want to visit in Chicago, including green spaces such as Grant Park, which is gorgeous for strolling in spring, summer and fall. Also, you’ll love to watch the Grant Park Music Festival’s live classical for free. In winter in particular, head over the Millennium Park where you can ice skate through the Maggie Daley Skating Ribbon Park. Continue reading to explore more great places to sip, savor and visit in Chicago.
If you love shopping, The Magnificent Mile is the best place to be with over 460 retailers to tempt you. And if you’re looking for great places to satisfy your appetite, visiting Adams Street is a smart move. You’ll find famous landmarks, like Alexander Calder’s Flamingo, where you can take Instagram-worthy photo shots, as well as dozens of other great eateries.
Flamingo Anchor and Berghoff Restaurant
When visiting Chicago, you shouldn’t miss heading to the famous Chicago Flamingo anchor, which stands at 53 feet and weighs 50 tons. It’s a famous work of art first-ever commissioned by the US General Services Administration.
Flickr: by (vincent desjardins)
On the other hand, Alexander Calder’s Flamingo sculpture is made of glass and steel, which shares design principles with other architecture in the area. After a tiring day of sightseeing, exploring history and landmarks in Chicago, and taking selfies, it’s time to satisfy your appetite by eating a hearty meal at the Berghoff Restaurant.
The Berghoff Restaurant is considered one of the landmarks of Chicago, located in Adams Street. They have been serving German-style cuisine since 1898 and are most sought-after for their famous Chicago loop brewery called Adams Street Brewery.
Here are the good-to-know facts about The Berghoff Restaurant:
- It is one of the nation’s oldest family-run businesses, which is currently run by Pete Berghoff (fourth generation).
- The restaurant serves more contemporary dishes and its famous root beer. Enjoy a wide array of sandwiches, salads, entrees, and appetizers that are cooked using the freshest and finest ingredients.
- It’s always open for all visitors who want to have lunch and dinner.
- The restaurant also offers gluten-free and vegetarian dishes to suit everyone’s needs. So, whether you’re on a diet or you want a full meal with beer, The Berghoff Restaurant is one of the best places to dine and drink in Chicago.
Elephant & Castle
Tourists and locals love to walk under the Flamingo sculpture. It is a top photo destination in Chicago you don’t want to miss when visiting the state. After visiting the sculpture, if you want to try one of the best American dining experiences, you can drop by the Elephant & Castle, which is an American-British style bar and pub in Adams Street that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as late-night drinks.
Here are the good-to-know facts about Elephant & Castle:
- You won’t be disappointed with the all-time favorite bacon cheeseburger and fries at Elephant & Castle.
- The eggs are perfect and the steak is very affordable. With great service and great prices, you’ll easily fall in love with the place.
- If you’re looking for desserts, you’ve got to try Yorkshire pudding or shepherds pie.
- Try their amazing onion soup, pita chips, and hummus.
- The kitchen crew are friendly and even singing in the background, giving the place an invigorating and homey experience to diners.
- The staff is welcoming and friendly, which is worth visiting, resembling other E&C branches in the nation.
Luke’s Italian Beef
In downtown Chicago, you’ll find Luke’s Italian Beef, an American-Italian restaurant, in Jackson Boulevard. It’s considered an institution in Chicago because of its great atmosphere with many great pictures you’ll find interesting on the wall. For pasta and pizza lovers, the place offers the best Italian all-time favorites.
Here are the good-to-know facts about Luke’s Italian Beef:
- It’s one of the most highly rated Italian restaurants in Chicago.
- You’ll love the place because you have a wide variety of delicious food choices at really great prices.
- The Italian combo is loaded with sliced meat, sausages, Chicago hot dog, peppers, and sandwiches.
- The pizza is quickly served and it’s bubbling hot, fresh, and delicious.
- You’ll also enjoy its great and fast service.
If you love seafood, Joe’s Seafood is a great place to visit. It’s a legendary seafood restaurant located at Grand Avenue. The most exclusive seafood collection includes New York Strip Steak and Bone-In Filet Mignon.
Experience timeless dining at Joe’s Seafood with their tuxedo-clad service, providing a sense of tradition since 1913. It is considered one of the most loved seafood restaurants in Chicago that won’t fail your cravings and appetite.
Chicago is one of the best cities to live, work, and tour. You’ll not only be inspired by its artistic architecture and natural landmarks, but also the dining experience every time. Satisfy your eyes with the tourist spots and famous landmarks of the state. Also, satisfy your appetite with the sumptuous food their famous restaurants have to offer, and be merry with Chicago’s best beer, found in the heart of Adams Street.