Tips for a Safe Travel Date
Imagine yourself basking in the sun, enjoying the sound of the gentle waves crashing on the shore. As you look up to take in the beauty surrounding you, you notice a charming young lad. One thing leads to another; before you know it, it’s date night with Mr. Charming.
You may be clouded with a hundred thoughts at this point, What should I wear? What should I do with my hair? Should I hug you when we greet you? What should we discuss? These common thoughts may cross your mind before your first date.
On the flip side, some not-so-common thoughts that may surround you are, What if he follows me home? What if he drugs my drink? Why is he bombarding me with personal questions? While dating when traveling can be one of the most romantic experiences, you must also be safe. Follow our tips to help you date safely while traveling.
Why is Safe Travel Dating Important?
Safety should be your first priority when traveling abroad, especially when you involve other people you don’t know in your travel plans. Maintaining security while traveling becomes even more crucial when entering a romantic/intimate relationship with somebody.
So, to ensure all my traveler girl’s safety, we have listed ten safety tips for you to keep in mind when traveling abroad.
What to Do When You First Meet Local Personals while traveling?
It’s common for travelers to say after returning from a trip, “The town was terrific, but it was the locals there who made it even more special.” We hear this because meeting local personals wherever you travel is always a good idea.
I admit that it can get awkward or anxiety-provoking for some, but getting to know the locals will help you engage yourself and expand your knowledge of the place. Luckily, with the help of today’s modern technology, it’s simpler than ever to mix with the residents and indulge yourself in their culture.
Here are a few things you can do during an encounter with the locals of the area-
- Strike a conversation with the locals, and get to know them, their country, its history, and the famous local hangout spots.
- Spend time with them (if they’re comfortable with it) and ask them to show you around as your guide. This will not only cut the cost of hiring a tour guide but also help you get an insight into their lifestyle.
- Learn bits of their language, learn the greetings and often used words like (hello, bye, and thanks)
How to Stay Safe When Dating Someone You Met while Traveling?
Smart daters are the best kind of daters. Always keep your “safety scanners” turned on. Remember, you’re going out on a date with a total stranger, and you must guard yourself.
Another thing to remember when dating a stranger you just met is to define your boundaries and be assertive. This is particularly the case when dating abroad because your date may be aware that you are not native to the area, and God forbid the person tries to take advantage of you.
Therefore, being assertive and defining clear boundaries will help you navigate if the person is safe or a threat to be around.
Where to Find Other Travelers to Date?
If you’re planning to date while traveling, the first step would be to find someone to date. To make this possible, you can use the wide variety of dating apps that make it possible for people worldwide to connect in just a matter of seconds.
Some places where you can find your potential travel date are:
It is simple to use and has exciting features for meeting new people. Doulike can help you find the right company if you’re alone on your trip. It’s not only used for traveling, but you can use it to meet someone who shares similar interests.
The Trip app is a popular choice for vacationers. The app has a simple-to-use interface. You only need to fill out a questionnaire with the itinerary specifics, and you can select who will accompany you on vacation.
Another of the finest dating sites for female travelers is Misstravel. It’s always exciting to visit new destinations and meet new people. You should give it a shot if you’re looking to visit a new location and meet new individuals who share common interests.
10 Tips for a Safe Travel Date:
Tourists are easy prey for burglars because they are unfamiliar with their surroundings and usually carry money and valuables such as cameras.
Keeping some simple precautionary tips in mind can minimize your chances of being scammed or mugged during traveling.
- Keep your itinerary details to yourself.
- Avoid traveling at night.
- Ask your hotel service to guide you on the unsafe areas to avoid
- Keep your important documents safe.
- Avoid using ATMs during the nighttime.
- Rely on your credit card rather than carrying a considerable amount of cash
- Always double-check your room lock before sleeping and do an additional check for any hidden cameras that may be monitoring you.
- Try to mesh with the area’s locals, dress like them, and avoid standing out as if you’re unfamiliar with this place.
- Carry a dummy wallet holding little cash while traveling to scam the scammer
- Be aware of your surroundings and save emergency contacts for speed dial in case of any unforeseeable event.
Traveling around the world and exploring various countries can be great fun until it’s not. When vacationing, you never really know what mishap awaits you, whether it’s a misplaced wallet, a con man, pickpocketing, or anything more serious.
It’s crucial to be aware of the harsh realities of travel and be familiar with some essential travel tips to help you stay safe. Practicing the tips mentioned above will assist you in identifying travel issues and avoiding or minimizing their impact, making your next trip a lot smoother and more fun.