Visit Sicily – Key Things to Know When Planning Your Holiday
Are you planning your next holiday, and wondering where to visit? Stress no more. Sicily is a one-of-kind destination that will satisfy all your holiday desires and expectations.
Flickr by: Marco Verch Professional Photographer
Sicily is an island of extremes and the largest in the Mediterranean Sea. It is the home of more than 5 million inhabitants and attracts many tourists from abroad and mainland Italy. It’s one of the largest regional economies of Italy, thanks to its commitment to invest in structures of the tourism and hospitality industries.
Getting to Sicily, more so Palermo, the capital city, is quite easy. Effective means of transport include ports, roads, railways, and airports. Significantly, you shouldn’t have any reservations about where to stay or the kind of accommodation to expect if you book the best Sicily holiday villas.
Why Visit Sicily This Holiday?
Sicily is a great place to be. The island guarantees an extraordinary vacation and will leave you with great memories. Here is why shouldn’t have second thoughts about visiting Sicily:
- Delicious food- Enjoy savory Italian cuisines and other favorite dishes.
- Stunning archeological sites- Visit the Temple of Apollo, Agrigento’s Valley of the Temples, Teatro Greco, and many other attraction sites.
- Luxurious beaches- visit incredible beaches near Isola Bella, Mazzaro, Cefalu, Taormina, and Giardini Naxos.
- Sample complex wines- Taste different types of wines that match your meals. Try red wines like Etna Rosso (Red) or Carricante (White).
- Rich traditions and culture- Attend several festive events such as the Almond Blossom Festival.
- Beautiful Small Islands – Visit Lampedusa and the Pelagie islands, Favignana and the Egadi’s, the volcanic Aeolian Islands.
Get Welcoming Accommodation in the Best Sicily Holiday Villas
Rental villas are a significant attraction in Sicily for a dream vacation. You will find all kinds of villas available on the island to assure a relaxing stay. A holiday villa will give you everything you seek in terms of comfort and amenities. It will be more than just a place to lay your head after a long day of sightseeing.
There are different holiday villa options in Sicily, and you should go for the best. They include:
- Garden-view villas
- Beach villas
- Family villas
- Villas with heated pool
- Villa for large groups
Don’t just pick any holiday villa you find on the island. You have to be considerate and choose the best villa to suit your vacation needs. Here is what to look for in a Sicily holiday villa.
Although you won’t go wrong by renting a holiday villa in Sicily, consider the type of experience you desire. Do you want to spend most of your time on the beach sunbathing, shopping in the nearby boutiques, or partying your nights away?
The location of your villa matters. Most importantly, you should find a spot on the island that suits your needs. Factors to consider include:
Convenient access to transport
You may want to move a lot around Sicily and surrounding areas. Whether you prefer to stroll around, drive yourself or hire a car, the Villa should be in a convenient spot.
Access to attractions on your to-do list
Guarantee easy access to attractions that suit your interests. If you like nearby beaches, spots for hiking, or sunbathing, pick a villa close to all these attractions.
You will enjoy fantastic holidays with your family while close to these breathtaking views. Ensure you can make the most of the location’s scenery, more so its sunsets and sunrises.
Security and safety
The safety and security of the Villa is imperative. Ensure your ideal holiday villa is located in a secure and safe part of the island. It will definitely give you, your friends, and your loved one’s peace of mind.
You don’t want to spend your holiday savings to cater for extra security. Compare the available villas and check the security measures that the owners have considered. Ask as many questions about how secure the villa is as possible in your search.
Best Places To Stay
The main locations where you will find the best holiday villas for vacationing in Sicily include:
There are must-have amenities to look for in the best Villa. Choose a villa in Sicily that offers:
- Spacious rooms equipped with Wi-Fi and other forms of exclusive entertainment facilities like cinema or video game equipment
- Water supply and unhindered electricity
- Recreational options from top-notch swimming pools, gym/fitness rooms to private spa and sauna
- Outdoor lounging area
- Children and adult playground
- Private kitchen and barbecue area
Privacy and Exclusivity
An outstanding holiday villa should guarantee all the exclusivity you require. Privacy is a top priority when looking for a villa. Consider a few things:
- You should have your own private keys
- The garden and swimming pool should be private. A terrace will serve you better.
- A private kitchen and laundry will give you the exclusiveness you want.
- Look for customized services and enjoy a tailor-made holiday.
To Sum Up
Sicily is the ultimate holiday destination, and there is a lot that the island offers, and you can do. In addition, it is the home of the best holiday villas in Italy. For welcoming accommodation and stay, it’s upon you to choose a strategically located and secure villa. Significantly, make sure it guarantees added exclusivity and privacy and comes with luxurious amenities.