20 Reasons To Choose St. John For Your Next Island Getaway
St. John is the perfect island getaway for anyone who loves the outdoors. With a tropical climate, pristine beaches to soft, powdery sand, towering mountains, breathtaking scenery, and plenty of adventures to be had, St. John is sure to leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed after your stay. If you’re looking for a vacation that’s off the beaten path, yet still accessible, st john villa rentals is the platform to find accommodation on this perfect island destination.
Here are 20 reasons why you should vacation in St. John
We’ve got some amazing people here on St. John USVI who will make your stay a memorable one: from our service industry workers to the families who have been here for generations, everyone seems to have a story about life on St. John that makes them an expert guide through our little slice of paradise!
1. It’s easy to get around the island by public transportation, which makes it great for tourists who want to see all of the best spots without having to worry about renting a car.
2. There are very few cars on St. John USVI, so once you get here, you’re in for a relaxing vacation without any worries about being stuck in traffic or getting lost in parking lots!
3. There are over 100 miles of coastline for you to explore, but don’t worry about getting lost—there are plenty of signs guiding you along the way!
4. It’s just far enough away from civilization that you can really unplug and relax without distractions from technology or work stressors!
5. The underwater caves of Coral Bay are a photographer’s paradise, but they’re also great for snorkeling!
6. You can see the sunrise over the ocean from a secluded beach on St. John’s North Shore.
7. The Virgin Islands National Park is breathtakingly beautiful with miles of hiking trails that lead through lush forests and along beautiful beaches (with views of both sunrise AND sunset).
8. The weather is great year-round with temperatures averaging in the low 80s throughout the year.
9. The island’s proximity to St. Thomas and St. Croix means it’s easy to get there, no matter where you’re coming from.
10. It has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world—white sand, clear blue water, and friendly locals all make it a great place to spend your time relaxing on the beach or exploring underwater caves.
11. There are tons of activities available for travelers of all ages, including snorkeling tours, kayaking excursions, and paddleboarding lessons at Coral Bay Marina (which is just minutes from Cruz Bay).
12. It’s easy to get there—just fly into San Juan Puerto Rico Airport (SJU) and catch a quick flight over to St. Thomas USVI (STT), where there’s plenty of transportation options available to take you all the way back here!
13. There’s plenty of food options ranging from casual dining establishments serving American classics like burgers & fries or fish tacos; more upscale places serving upscale seafood dishes and international cuisine; as well as classic Caribbean food.
14. The locals love their rum punch with a splash of pineapple juice; don’t forget yours at home! It’s one thing that makes this island so special compared to other places where you can vacation like Hawaii or California–the rum punch tastes better here than anywhere else on Earth because they use only fresh-squeezed.
15. In addition to being beautiful and fun-filled, St. John is also very affordable compared to other Caribbean destinations like Puerto Rico or Jamaica (and even some mainland locations).
16. You can see whales and dolphins as they swim by your villa or condo every day—just like nature intended!
17. And even better: if you’re lucky enough to be here during whale season, there will be whale-watching tours available just outside your door that will take you out into deeper waters where there are even more whales and dolphins than usual!
18. There’s almost always something going on here—the island boasts over 100 restaurants, bars and shops that host live music every night of the week (and sometimes during the day too!). If that’s not enough entertainment for you, just catch one of their famous parades or festivals!
19. If you’re looking for something historic while you’re here then look no further than Fort Bergeron or Caneel Bay Plantation House museums—these sites have been around since before America was even founded and they still remain standing today!
20. Overall, St. John USVI is a great choice for your next island getaway. It’s cheaper than other islands, the natural scenery is beautiful, the food is different and delicious, and it’s a great place to relax. Whether you’re on vacation for a week or two, or you plan on relocating here permanently, I think that you’ll find St. John to be an unforgettable experience.
About The Author: James Sullivan has been helping with travel tourism for the past 12 years. He now wants to share his knowledge and expertise with others.